1. This is an instructional league, good
sportsmanship must be observed and taught.
2. Pinto play will be governed by the
following set of rules in order of
a. These Pinto rules.
b. Pony Baseball Inc. Pinto league rules.
c. Official Baseball Rules, the Sporting
3. Games must start promptly as
scheduled. If a team has only eight players,
they may borrow the ninth player from one of
the other teams or the opposing team. You
can borrow up to three players. These
players will play the outfield and bat last.
(If a team borrows a player and then their
ninth player does show up, the player they
borrowed will still play since he was asked
to play. He will play three innings in the
outfield and bat last.) If an injury occurs,
you may finish the game with eight players.
4. Game will consist of six innings. If tied after six no extra innings will be played. No inning will start after the one hour forty five minute time limit.
5. Games will have a one hour and forty-five minute time limit
6. Each player will play three (3)
innings in the field for nine (9) outs.
Players who arrive late may play less than
7. A continuous batting order will be
used and will include all players.
8. All batters, "on deck"
batters, base runners & catchers must
wear protective head gear.
9. A run limit of five runs per inning is in effect except for the sixth inning which will be 8 runs. If there are less than three outs when the run limit is reached, that half inning is over.
10. Runners may not lead off. Runs may attempt to steal 2nd or 3rd base if:
-the pitch was delivered by a youth pitcher
-the pitch was caught cleanly by the catcher.
No runner may advance because of a throw on an attempted steal. If a runner steals illegally, time will be called and the umpire or base coaches will send the runner back to the appropriate base. If a runner is tagged out while illegally advancing, the runner is out.
11. Pinto pitching rules will be governed
by the following set of rules:
a. Two (2) innings per day. Six (6)
innings per week. A calendar week is
Monday through Sunday.
b. One pitched ball constitutes an inning
c. Any pitcher removed from the mound
cannot return to pitch in that game.
d. No penalty will be enforced for balks.
Umpires will be encouraged to call time
out and instruct the pitcher how he/she is
e. Time outs may be called at any time by the manager (unlimited – please don't abuse)
f. A maximum of two walks/hit by pitch may be pitched per team per inning. The walks do not have to be in succession.
g. Upon each additional walk pitched by a youth pitcher (after two per inning):
1. The team at bat will supply an adult to take the field and complete pitching to the batter. a. The adult pitcher must pitch from the pitching rubber. (standing or kneeling)
2. At this point the batters count will return to 0 and 0.
3. The adult pitcher will pitch to the batter until the batter hits or strikes out on count or swings.
4. A batter may not be awarded first base via walk or hit by pitch while being pitched to by an adult pitcher.
5. After a batter hits or strikes out (while being pitched to by an adult) and play on the field stops, the adult pitcher will exit the field and the game will resume until the next walk is pitched and adult assistance is required.
h. At no time may the adult pitcher intentionally interfere with game play by coming in contact with the ball or an opposing player.
i. A youth pitcher may pitch a maximum of two consecutive innings in one game.
j. A youth pitcher may not return as a pitcher after being removed even if they have not completed two innings.
k. Youth and adult pitchers may not wear white long sleeve shirts while pitching or wear batting gloves on their throwing hand while pitching.
l. A youth pitcher must be removed from the mound if he/she has hit three batter in one inning.
12. Infield fly rule does not
13. No drop third strike.
14. No bunting will be allowed.
Every batter must take a full swing.
15. No intentional walks allowed.
16. Each team may play 10 players in the
field by using 4 outfielders.
17. If the bat is thrown over six feet by
a batter, the batter and the manager/coach
will be given one verbal warning by
the umpire. After which the batter is
automatically out. Base runners
18. Rain outs need to be rescheduled
within the same week.
19. The home team is responsible for
putting the bases away after the last game
of the day.
20. The winning manager is required to
submit a score through the website at www.cresthillbaseball.com.
List player accomplishments with at least
one player from opposing team.
21. No food is allowed in the
dugout. Each team will clean out their
dugout after every game.
22. Prior to the season starting you need
to practice 3-4 times per week. After the
season twice a week.
23. The coaches will be doing the
umpiring. They will call balls and strikes
from behind the pitchers mound when their
team is batting.
24. Each manager/coach is responsible for
the conduct of their team and fans. Players
should be taught and encouraged to show good
sportsmanship towards fellow players,
coaches, fans and the umpires. Managers need
to help an umpire’s attempt to control a